Join us for a busy, but fun-filled weekend of printing. Using a variety of techniques, each student will create several monotypes by exploring reductive and additive printing, layering, masking, stencils, off-setting, trace monotypes, chine colle, selective inking methods, and much more. Some printmaking experience is required, such as familiarity with mixing and rolling out inks.
Participants will be invited to schedule additional time in the studio on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. You will be able to work one-on-one with the instructor to finalize one of your prints. On Thursday night, June 8, we will have a pop-up exhibit of your monotypes in the Gallery.
Supplies to Bring:
- 1-2 sheets of thin Asian papers (or any you already have on hand)
- Aprons and gloves
- Brayers and rollers, if you have them
- Scissors and craft knives
- Cotton and cosmetic swabs, several
- Papers for stencil making or pre-cut stencils
- Various thin materials: waxed paper, plastic bags/wrap, fabrics, paper, lace, nets, acetate, cheesecloth, threads, ribbons, etc. (Nothing with wires, reinforced seams, or hard areas that might damage your paper or the blankets)
- Tracing paper
- Brushes, mark-making tools, pencils, sharpies
- Lunches, snacks, and drinks
(Most of these items will probably already be in your tool kits, studios, kitchens, garages. Treat this like a scavenger hunt.)
Inks and printmaking paper will be provided by CASP.
Dates and Times:
June 3 and 4
10am – 4pm
Instructor: Cathie Kayser
Class Size: Minimum 5; Maximum 9
Must be at least 18 years old to attend, unless cleared with the instructor.
4 in stock